As parents of a developing child, at several times you’ll have to consider the good and the bad effects of special conditions for your kid. One such condition will possibly occur when your child begins to watch television (TV) or other electronic devices https://abbotsfordappliancerepairpros.ca/ including screen time.
In this article, we will give you information to help you choose proper screen time, and some advice you may need to think for better viewing.
Here are some cons of letting your kids watch TV without a time limit:
- Some studies show that watching TV has no informative advantages for kids under 24 months of age. Watching TV could turn them from exercises that help intellectual growth.
- Watching screens can be addictive, and parents can strive to attract children to play in other healthier ways.
- Watching screens for a prolonged amount of time can result to troubles falling asleep, unhalathy sleep patterns and other health problems.
- Care has to be taken with age suitable content in television programs, games and publications–your child must view unsuitable content that is of a strong or physical nature.
- Kids may love, talk and copy characters from shows or games, and not all behaviours may be great influences on your kid.
- Some experts think that long hours of viewing screens interferes with a ki’s speech development.
- As watching TV does not include any physical activity, some professionals feel that several hours of screen time can result to adolescence obesity.
- Advertising can have a large influence on children, and they may begin pestering you and others for things they see displayed on television. Such as the most advanced toy or sugary food.
Suggestion for parents:
- Monitor your kid when they are viewing or using television or other devices, to make sure age appropriate content is being observed or played.
- Watch television shows and view games before your kid does to make sure the content is appropriate.
- Use a parental control tool to stop access to programs or games that you think may be inappropriate for your kid.
- Restrict television and other screen time to less than one hour each day.
- Read to your child or get them to read before they go to sleep, instead of allowing them watch a screen or television. Putting them into a bed time system encourages them to compensate for the evening and prepare them for sleep.