Video games are more popular than ever with teenagers. Opinions are divided when it comes to video games. For some, computer and console games are a great way to pass the time, while others consider such games to be a waste of time. Some teenagers play to get and to sell csgo skins for paypal.
CSGO: Video games for an educational context
Video games also show a certain potential in terms of their cultural and social relevance. In addition, video games are currently increasingly being developed that pursue a specific learning goal and go far beyond pure entertainment value and thus also set themselves apart from problematic topics. This aspect could therefore also be of interest for the educational context.
A video game should only be used in the classroom if certain prerequisites have been met and after prior intensive discussion.
CSGO video games: The game should basically
- Suit the age group of the students
- Not for pure entertainment
- Be action-oriented and encourage participation
- Be open about the assessment options and approaches
If the game is basically suitable for imparting knowledge, different skills can be imparted. In some video games, strategic or tactical planning is in the foreground. In other games, long-term and forward-looking thinking and puzzles are required. Many games can also be played in a group. Thus the ability to cooperate, approach to problem-solving and prioritization of tasks can be trained. Some impart knowledge through a kind of adventure tour, others demand moral decisions and mind games from the players.
Advantages of CSGO video games as a teaching element
Here are some general benefits of using video games in the classroom that can directly affect your students.
- They feel that their interests are taken seriously, as there is a direct relationship to the world they live in.
- You can slip into the expert role yourself and feel confirmed.
- Sometimes they participate more in class.
- A high immersion value stimulates reflective observation of one’s own behaviour.
- “Learning by Doing” enables deeper and better learning.
- Entry is very easy, as many students are already familiar with video games or the associated technology.
The range of video games and their orientation is difficult to map. Teachers must evaluate the positive effects a game can have for individual cases.